Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Playing Catch-up

The past couple weeks have been insane. I look back on my schedule from past weeks that were so busy, and I just wonder, how the heck did I get through that week?! well 2 weeks ago on monday, i lost 1.8 for a total of 17 pounds. and then a few days ago i wasn't able to go to weight watchers but I figure by now my total is probably between 20 and 25 pounds. It feels so good to be that much lighter! I'm starting to love myself and be proud of myself.

Well, some other exciting news, auditions for the school musical were a few days ago and callbacks were last night, and the show is cast, and I GOT A PART! the show we're doing is called Aida. and there are not that many leads, only 3 female leads and 2 male leads. well, i got one of the female leads:) my part is Nehebka. I'm so excited, and I feel so lucky and blessed to have gotten a part. I can't wait to start rehearsals, I love the cast and it is going to be so fun!

Hope everyone has a fabulous thanksgiving! Some pointers I'll be following for tomorrow when it comes to feasting on that delicious meal......
-Eat breakfast/lunch before your thanksgiving feast! even if it's just a piece of fruit or something little, it will help you show up not feeling totally famined and starving, and will help avoid SUPER overeating. (yes it is thanksgiving, we will all "over-eat", but let's not kill ourselves) :)
-Only pick food items that you are just dying to eat. For me, there are some thanksgiving foods that I always just sort of eat, because you're supposed! foods like turkey and stuffing....but turkey and stuffing I don't really even like very much! so avoid "obligation" foods that you won't even really enjoy.
-Don't get seconds. I used to always think at thanksgiving, "well, i'm just getting seconds because I didn't have room on my plate for everything I wanted the first time around". haha oh this is so bad! if that happens, um HELLO! definitely a sign you need to get smaller portions or not as much food, or if you want to cheat, just stack food on top of the other so you don't technically have to get seconds.:)
-Enjoy yourself, and enjoy your food! ummm hello, on this diet, i think the last time I actually enjoyed what I was eating was....um yeah I honestly can't remember. but I freaking love thanksgiving food! so i am going to enjoy it and just know it's a holiday, and i have a lot to be thankful for, including one delicious splurging meal:)

Speaking of being thankful, today we had an amazing lesson in gratitude in seminary, perfect for thanksgiving time. Some thoughts I'd like to share...

I am 1 in 2,500 people (out of ALL of Heavenly Father's children) who was born in the United States, and born into the gospel. WOW. That right there makes me feel so lucky and blessed. And not even to mention talents, abilities, a supportive family, good friends, and so many other blessings. When I think about that, I can't believe how much I complain and how MISERABLE i make myself whenever I'm ungrateful or want something more or think my life could be so better. It sounds cliche, but let's really count all our blessings this year and instead of thinking what we don't have, let's think of all that we do have and how blessed we are!!

love, haylee

No comments:

Post a Comment