Sunday, October 10, 2010

Progress

I really didn't want to do another post about my new eating habits and such, but it's been my main focus lately and it really has been a big part of my life, just in the past couple weeks!

The past few days, I have been psycho about what I've been eating. I don't know if it's even healthy, obsessing over all this healthy food. I am learning to embrace hunger, but in an extreme way. Now, no-one freak out, I am not starving myself or depriving myself by any means, but I've just been really focusing on getting used to less food and the only way to do that is to quit eating when I KNOW i've had enough. And I've realized that about a half hour later, that "not done eating" feeling that my brain tricks my stomach into thinking totally goes away and I feel perfectly fine.

My mom and I also went to Sprouts a couple days ago and went CRAZY. I LOVE eating healthy and one day, I want to be one of those psycho people who buy nothing but organic:) haha but at Sprouts, we got all sorts of fruits, veggies, psyllium husk, flax seed, almonds, La Tortilla Factory tortillas (holy cow, miracle food), and cracked wheat bread (another amazing low-calorie food). I was a happy girl:)

The only down side of this super-conscious eating is that when I'm in situations like I was tonight, it makes it super hard to let myself endulge even a little bit.

But tonight's Sunday family dinner was a milestone.

It was probably the first time in a reeeeally long time that I didn't get seconds. And the first time in a reeeeally long time I didn't get dessert. Like seriously, before- I LIVED FOR DESSERT! And I know on weight watchers, you shouldn't deprive yourself and there's no foods that you can't eat, but I refused to let this whole week go by so perfectly food-wise, and then ruin it by having dessert. I did have to leave the dinner a little early to avoid the extreme temptation (haha) BUT on the way home I felt SO good. 1-because I really watched my portions and I didn't have that super-stuffed feeling I usually get after Sunday dinner. and 2-because I didn't eat dessert and on the way home, once I left, the thought of the desserts didn't even appeal to me anymore. This is seriously like a miracle to me! And I'm sure that my weigh-in tomorrow wouldn't have been totally affected if I had dessert, but by not eating it, I proved to myself that if I was able to overcome my biggest temptation (being dessert), I can really do anything. And it boosted my confidence in what I'm doing SO much.

This week is my last week of break so it still should be pretty easy to continue to do very well, especially with all my new food from Sprouts:) But the only thing I'm really worried about is starting school again next week. I know how I get when I'm in school. Eating is the WORST. I don't eat breakfast, I have a random snack for lunch, then when I get home around 2:30 (usually really hungry), I go psycho and eat about 3 meals worth of food, then eat dinner at around 8. Ahhh it sounds even more awful now that I type it. BUT IT IS GOING TO CHANGE. And I've got to come up with a master-sneaky-plan to stop it. And that's what I will be doing all this week as I munch on my carrots and chug down my psyllium husk!:) muhahah:) until then, peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment