Saturday, September 18, 2010

What a Wonderful Week

Remember my list of goals that I set on Monday for the week to run more smoothly? Well, here is an update! My week was so good. Best week I've had in a while!:)

1. no facebook....ok so maybe this one didn't go too well.. I still went on it.. but not very often! before, I would catch myself on there and hours would fly by and I still would have a big pile of homework waiting for me, but this week I still went on, but only a few minutes a day. Everything in moderation, right?:)
2. Starting homework right away instead of procrastinating till 8 or 9:00....this went so amazingly! I would start around 3 or 4 and by 7:00 I would be so confused because there was nothing else I needed to get done! haha that feeling is the best kind of high:) then I could relax and read a book (that I wasn't for my English class, haha) or just have leizure time, which on a school night, is rare for me to have without knowing I had homework waiting for me. I could also do the homework with more concentration and focus, because that's very difficult when you're drifting to sleep and you're trying to analyze a poem or multiply matrices. Ahhhh this one was best on my list.
3. Go to bed before 11...psh this one I didn't even have to think about! I was in bed no later than 9:30 every night. And it was all because of number 2:) And it's so amazing how my week was just better and I was just happier in general when I was running on 7 hours of sleep instead of like...4:)
4. Finish every homework assignmet....yes I finished everything! every night! and again, I'm tellin' ya! it was all because of number 2!!
5. Wash my face every night.... ehh yeah this went well for the most part. I think 1 or 2 days I didn't wash my face...but I'm just trying to get in the habit. and my face is starting to clear up a little:)
6. wash my hair at least every 2 days.... ahaha. nope, failed. I washed my hair on Sunday and then yesterday, on Friday. Don't judge me people. hahahaha. oh well, at least this didn't affect how my week went:)
7. No teasing my hair....another BAHAHAHAH moment. I lasted Monday without teasing it and after Monday, I couldn't do it again. Just one of those things.... but oh well, I'm sure if I followed through on this one, I would feel ugly and hideous every day and that would sorta make my week not as wonderful.

So there ya have it. My wonderful, productive week. Now I know that in order for mostly everything to go smoothly ALL THE TIME, I just need to do #2 every single day. I think my junior year is going to be soooo different if I do.

Some random thoughts.....

I have been loving my friend Alyssa's blog. We were best friends in middle school and she just left a couple weeks ago to be a foreign exchange student in FRANCE! yes I know, but if anyone can do it, it's her! she is so dang smart! Her blog is so entertaining and I love reading it. It makes me feel somewhat cultured, through all the culture she is soaking up:)

My school is doing Les Miserables for our spring play.:) I know, insane. You're probably thinking a high school could never put on Les Mis....And you're probably right:) haha but we'll see! and my choir has been working on a medley for it, so I've been sort of obsessing over it for the past couple weeks. I've never seen the actual play, but I watched the whole 10th anniversary concert on youtube and it is just amazzzzzzzzzzing. Ahhh. Here is my dream role...Fantine....I know I'm crazy.....:) watch this. Holy heavens, Ruthie Henshall.....amazing.

I'm playing a piano solo in church tomorrow, so I've been working on that a lot...hmmm

Oh and WE'RE MOVING in a couple weeks!!! I'm way excited because our new house is literally twice as big as our house now, and I'm so excited to be in my new ward!:) And the new house is only a couple miles down the road, so not too drastic of a change! But at the same time, I'm gonna miss my ward now, and It's going to be a big change, moving from the house you've known for the past 6 years! that's like about a third of my life! But oh well, the fact that Brinley and I get our own bathroom makes up for everything sad!:) ha jk, but seriously.

Well...that's about it! Hope everyone has a splendid weekend!:)

8 comments:

  1. Les Mis!!! That is the best. I'm so coming to see it.
    You could absolutely sing Fantine, good luck with that. I'll be praying for you when you go to auditions. (just let me know when that is)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey chica!!!

    Oh my freakin goodness Haylee!!! I don't even know where to begin! I'm gonna apologize ow for how long this is going to be!! First off, I'm so happy you had a great week! Seriously, Junior year is all about discipline! Keep doing the homework after school thing because it really does set the tone for the rest of the day! And no facebook I think was too drastic! I was just thinking "OH man that's hard"! So I think it's awesome that you took a middle ground with just moderate facebooking! Facebook can be such a great thing! I feel so much more connected with everything going on back home but it really can just suck up your time! Again discipline!!! Haha :-) your hair is gorgeous despite how little you wash it or how much you tease it!

    Haha oh and a speck of advice! Keep going with the plenty of sleep thing! Because your body needs to get used to it. Sometimes my body would be so used to 4 or 5 hours of sleep that when I would get 7 my body would be all wacko because it's not used to how much sleep it should be getting! I sound really dumb but do you get what I'm saying! Basically, if you make getting lots of sleep a priority, you will not regret it! I think I'm low in Iron or something because I am always tired despites how much I sleep and all the naps I have!

    It's funny that your school is doing Les Mis because it's French! I'm sure it will be awesome! Good luck! I love the music!!! :-) Keep me posted about it! Do you wanna know something kinda funny? In 5th grade, I read Les Mis!!! Yupp!!! Not the shortened version! I read the whole 1000 and something pages! The book was ginormous! Just imagine me a little 5th grader luggin around this huge book! I remember the first day I brought it to class Mr. Amerson (He was our 7th grade math teacher!) gave me the "Are you crazy?" look! He was like "Do you want the shortened version?" Even in 5th grade, I had the all or nothing attitude so obviously I read the huge one! Les Mis is a book that a lot of college kids read! I read it! Haha I don't know how much I understood but I did it! I wanted to see the play! My parents had gone but I've only seen the movie and have the CD :)

    I can't believe you are moving!!! That's so awesome! Good luck with the move! It's kinda the same as me! I just moved within Gilbert but it has been one of the best things ever for me! I hated it at first especially since my parents had just gotten back together and I wasn't exactly on good terms with my dad! M mom would alway say change is good and I would always reply "I don't mind change. I just don't want to be there when it happens!" Haha I used to hate change and now I'm in France so kinda contradictory! Haha But once I could drive I was close enough so I could still see those friends. I made so many friends there and overall it had been amazing! You'll love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to rock your piano solo thingamajiggy in church tomorrow!!!

    OH and thanks about my blog!! I need to apologize to you! In junior high when you had your blog, I would always say "Why would you need a blog? How weird... You just talk to yourself on the internet!" And now that I have a blog, I totally get it!!! It's amazing! Especially being a France! It's so good to keep everyone updated! And it's fun and cute! I would get frustrated with trying to set it up but since you helped me its a lot better! Thanks again!!! I'm glad my blog is entertaining! I think my posts are too long but I guess it's okay as long as it's amusing! Let me know if it starts to drag or get boring! Remember I'm all really new to this! I also love how blogs can make you feel closer! Because you don't have to get a hold of someone to read their blog! So now I can just see what's goin on with you so then we can talk that way without wasting time talking about the basics! Especially since we never got to talk very often!!! It is just amazing!!! But thank you chica! You are such a sweetheart! I'm glad you feel cultured! Haha I remember when you did a thing for mutual about France and you had crepes! Haha and now I'm here! It's funny to think about me being in French class and having no idea that I would actually use what I learned!!! Haha :-) It's still surreal!!

    Again sorry this is so long! But you know me! I can't communicate what I need to say in such few words! Love you Haylee Bliss! Haha I'm glad you like your middle name now! It's so cute! I wish I had it! Ann is just to boring! I defly want to give one of my girls the middle name bliss! I miss you Hay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I'm stupid! I think my comment was as long as your entire post!!!! SORRY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey baby girl. two things:

    1) someday i will take you to see london's west end production of "les mis". it is infinitely better than broadway & it will blow your mind.

    2) you are amazing. never forget that.

    :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. you attacked those goals, way to go. I think I will miss the poof. Your hair ALWAYS looks so cute!
    Love the pic of those three beautiful girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading your blog, fyi:) Is that weird? Whatever. Hahah but I love reading it

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT job on your goals!!! That is awesome. Man I wish I could fall asleep by 9:30, that would be a dream! :) Good for you!

    ReplyDelete