Monday, August 23, 2010

prioritizing

Over the weekend, I bought a new phone. About a month ago, my phone would randomly decide to go out of service for like an hour, then randomly come back when it wanted to. So annoying, but I dealt with it. Now, I know that because of the whole A.C.-button-fiasco, you all are thinking, well why didn't you just turn your phone off and turn it back on?! Well to all you hata's- I did. I did everything. It would just come back whenever it wanted. Anywho, a few days ago, it got to the point where the service never came back even after multiple hours. And the battery wouldn't hold a charge for more than a few minutes, so.....I just thought, ehhh. This phone's served me a good two years, it's probably time that I get another one anyways.

So we went to the T-CRAP-ile store, and much to my dismay, I found out that after 9 faithful years of being customers to T-CRAP-ile, my parents took themselves off contract and are on a plan that's unlimited everything for a set amount every month without being on contract, but the only bad thing is that when your phone busts like mine did, you have to pay full price for a new one. So a phone that would have cost me $100 on contract, ended up costing me $300. And I agreed to pay for it.

And now, 2 days later, I feel awful.

I love my new phone and I definitely needed it, but my mom gave me one of those lectures (actually more like 3 sentence-long speeches) that can make you feel like crap about what you did, much more effectively than a punishment. She basically said that after all these years, she thought she taught me how to save money, look for deals, and only buy necessities. {siiiighhhhh}. I thought she taught me that too, but ehhhh.... I guess not.

Oh well. Life lessons. Actually speaking of effective punishments, during my mom's relief society lesson she announced somehow that I bought a $300 phone-much to her disappointment-and everyone turned around and looked at me and laughed. Whatever.

Anyways. My point is, that maybe I should really start prioritizing my life. Like how I budget my little bit that comes in from my piano students every month. And the other thing I HATE to admit to, is that I'm awful about paying my tithing. I do it, but I don't do it monthly. I'll just sort of guess-timate how much I've made since the last time I paid and grab a few 20's from my wallet and call it good. That really needs to stop.

I also could be spending my money on stuff that's more important to me like: the stuff I need to finish re-doing my bedroom; the money for an expensive calculator I need; some money to go get my oil changed in the Red Devil; a little bit to go get my hair done....etc..... Ok, so maybe that last one shouldn't really be at the top of my list but hey.....anyone can look at the nappiness at the top of my head and will agree it is a necessity. Alright well I'm glad I got some of those thoughts off my mind. I guess I'm gonna put this priority goal into use and go work on homework, or something.

From the bottom of my corazon,

Haylee

No comments:

Post a Comment