Friday, August 20, 2010

Post #1

Well, I started a new blog. Nothing was wrong with the old blog. And it even would have been a whole lot easier to just keep that blog. But getting a new blog is representing a lot of new changes in my life. Nothing drastic, at least they may not seem so to others, but for me, with the start of junior year, I've really been trying to change things!:)

The biggest thing was getting rid of my Facebook. It truly was an addiction. The thrill of logging on. Checking notifications. Reading messages. Accepting friend requests. Browsing what 800 people are up to. Then noticing that 2 hours has gone by in a blink. And what got accomplished in those two hours? Nothing, except I was cought up on who's hanging out with who, who's going where, what's going on with this person who i barely know. It's a crazy thing! And like I said, I was so addicted. One day about two weeks ago, I just went and deactivated my account. Cold Turkey. I thought, pshhh, I'm gonna be riiiiight back on here tomorrow. But actually, to my total and utter surprise, it was the biggest burden off my shoulders. It felt in comparison to having a huge project due and always knowing in the back of your mind you have to work on it, then finally finishing it, then that amazing feeling of knowing you don't have to work on it anymore and can be doing other things. Strange analogy, I know, but at first I was always thinking, yessssss....I don't have to get on Facebook so instead, I can do this, this, and this. And the weird thing is, I never had to go on it, but just the thought of some kind of notification or message was waiting for me if I didn't log kept me getting on every spare second. So actually deleting it and knowing that I wouldn't be missing anything has set me free.

Now in those multiple hours a day that I'm not on Facebook, I am accomplishing things and being so productive. And it's been life-changing!:) On that note, something to think about--what would happen if EVERYONE in the world gave up facebook? Or t.v watching? Or any other mindless and pointless thing that takes up so much time? The world would change. The speed of the evolution of our society would increase unimaginably. What are some things in your life you can cut out, or at list limit? I know I am sounding preachy and weird, but getting rid of my facebook was such a lifted burden. Now I have time to improve my wellness all around by practicing piano/voice more; spending more time on homework (not just doing what's due the next day), but truly studying and not procrastinating (and I've already seen the result of it through my grades); reading the scriptures/working on Personal Progress more, spending real time with friends, as opposed to interacting through facebook; reading more books; working out more; and starting this blog.

Unlike my other blog, I really don't care how many people read it or comment, and I'm not going to write my posts based on what other people want to read, but more what I want to say. And I'm going to try to do this mostly in a journal format.

Well, now I'll wrap up this wordy "introduction." Sorry for the serious tone of this post, for those of you who know me, it's really not like me at all, but in the future, look forward to more posts about my new, more productive life:) They'll be more fun and crazy, because let's face it, I'm Mormon and 16! I kinda sorta know how to party!:)

Peace out!
Love, Hootie

2 comments:

  1. Haylee!! Thank you for your sweet comment! It meant so much to me. I write my blog from the heart and I never know if people will care or think I'm too serious of a person but that's not what matters :) Anyway your blog is going to be great!! I had my fb deactivated for 3 months and honestly being back on does nothing positive for me. You have just inspired me to delete mine :) I'm adding your blog because I'm looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I just posted my headbands for sale, go check them out and tell your friends!!!

    ReplyDelete